Warranty and Returns
Worldstar Security Camera products are professional quality equipment, and we stand behind our products with a 2 Year Warranty and 3 years on our premium cameras and NVR.
Worldstar will replace, or at its sole discretion repair without charge, any DVR (Digital Video Recorder), or NVR (Network Video Recorder) proved defective in material, workmanship or operation for a period of two years, subject to warranty conditions and exceptions below. Worldstar will replace or its sole discretion repair any camera or accessory proved defective in material, workmanship or operation for a period of one year, subject to warranty conditions and exceptions below.
If during the warranty period, we cannot repair your product, we will replace the product with a working product of the same model, or if the same model is not available (out of stock or discontinued), with a comparable product.
Conditions & Exceptions:
- Dated proof of purchase with covered unit serial numbers is required for warranty service. Please include a copy of your receipt or invoice with your return.
- All goods requiring warranty repair require an authorized Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number (see returns below).
- Worldstar assumes no risk and shall be subject to no liability for damages or loss resulting from the specific use or application made of the products. Worldstar’s liability for any claim, whether based on breach of contract, negligence, infringement of any rights of any party or product liability, relating to the Products shall not exceed the price paid for such products or the published (dealer price at the time of sale ), whichever is less.
- In no event will Worldstar be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages (including loss of use, loss of profit and claims of third parties) however caused, whether by the negligence of Worldstar or otherwise.
- For warranty repaired or replaced products, Worldstar will warrant all replacement parts and repairs for the remainder of the original warranty, or 90 days from the date of repair/replacement return shipment, whichever is longer.
- Warranty is non-transferrable.
- Repairs made necessary by reason of misuse, alteration, or accident, or cosmetic damage such as finish fading or scratches & scuffs are not covered under this warranty.
- Exceptions, IR Rings (the illumination ring circuit board, LEDs and Components mounted on the board) are covered for 90 days. Hard Drives are covered for one year from date of purchase.
- This warranty is void if the product defect is caused by:
- Cracks and/or leaks caused as a result of abnormal wear and/or accident, vandalism or abuse;
- Use with non-approved hardware products or software not licensed by Worldstar (including but not limited to adaptors and power supply sources) or which are otherwise not compatible;
- Unauthorized modification or tampering; opening, disassembly, attempted repair, modification, or alteration by other than Worldstar.
- Damage by Acts of God, lighting, power surge, misuse, abuse, over exposure to the sun or elements, negligence, accident, wear and tear, mishandling, misapplication, intrusion of or exposure to liquids, or other causes unrelated to defective materials or workmanship;
- If serial number is defaced, altered, or removed;
- Malicious software, programs, data, viruses, or files;
- Use not in accordance with the accompanying documentation and use instructions.
The above warranty provides the Dealer and consumer with specific legal rights. The Dealer or consumer may also have additional rights, which are subject to variation from state to state.
We will accept returns of new unopened items, with no questions asked, within 14 days of the product being shipped to you. You will receive a full refund, minus shipping expenses. All you need to do is to request an RMA number (Return Material Authorization) from Worldstar Security Cameras before shipping your return back to us. You can request this RMA on our Help Desk (on-line), or by calling us at +1 (954) 356-2690.
The RMA must be visible on the outside of your return packaging. Return must be shipped back to us within a 10 day period from the time the RMA is generated otherwise no refund will be issued.
Explosion Proof security cameras and housings, special order items and boxes of bulk cables are not eligible for the unopened items return policy, please see general return policy for these products.
General Return Policy
All items that are not eligible for the 14 days Unopened Item Return Policy, will be handled under the following conditions: Used, opened items within the warranty period from the original ship date may only be returned if the item is defective. If this is the case, please contact us for instructions and to generate an RMA number.
The RMA must be visible on the outside of your return packaging. Return must be shipped back to us within a 10-day period from the time the RMA is generated.
No returns will be accepted without prior authorization from Worldstar Security Cameras.
Worldstar Security Cameras will not accept any returns of products that are not in their original package, or if any of the original parts/contents are missing, or if the packaging has any writings or markings on it, or if the product has been damaged, modified, or altered. Any missing items from the original package will be charged on a per item basis. Other restocking fees may apply.
This warranty will not apply to defects or damage resulting from; improper or inadequate maintenance or neglect by customer; customer-supplied parts; unauthorized modification or misuse; operation outside of the environmental specifications for the products; improper site preparation and maintenance; product which have been modified or incorporated into other products; use of other companies’ parts or accessories, either new or remanufactured. Any alterations to the unit voids all warranty and obligation.
The Customer is responsible for all shipping and insurance charges on the return to Worldstar Security Cameras.
Upon receipt of your return, with a valid RMA, we will proceed to examine its condition. Defective units will be repaired and sent back to you via ground shipping. Worldstar Security Cameras will assume shipping expenses for sending repaired items back to you within the Continental United States only. For international orders, or if Customer requires expedited shipping, Customer will be responsible for all shipping expenses.
If a product cannot be repaired, a replacement unit of the same or comparable model will be shipped to you via ground shipping. Worldstar Security Cameras will assume shipping expenses for sending replaced items back to you within the Continental United States only. For international orders, or if Customer requires expedited shipping, Customer will be responsible for all shipping expenses. If a product is no longer available, a store credit will be issued.
If after examining the product it is found to be not defective, it will be sent back to Customer at Customer’s expense.